This was a nice opportunity to rehearse my German. In case your German is not so good I recommend to listen to a couple of albums of these guys and you will do just fine =)
The presentation can be divided into 2 parts:
- A general introduction to the Java language.
- Java in Notes & Domino in details.
Introduction Java language
A nice introduction to the language. More details I found in the jumpstart Eating the elephant.
Java in Lotus Notes & Domino
This section is divided into:
- Standalone applications
If you are interested in writing applets The View has published plenty of articles about this.
- Similar to LotusScript agents.
- Only back-end documents.
- Scheduled agents.
- WebQueryOpen / WebQuerySave.
Also here check The View knowledge database to find articles on Java agents.
Also a walk through memory lane…
- Advantage in comparison to Java agents is than once the servlet is initiated the second call is much faster.
Read: Java access to the Domino Objects (DeveloperWorks)
Lots of examples of Java with XPages here (setup folder structure, import jar files, notes.ini variables, writing Java classes from Package explorer…)
- Web services
- OSGI tasklets ( Java based server tasks)
Another great presentation on Java in Notes & Domino. However most parts are also discovered in the other presentations I described earlier. Nevertheless recommended to read (if you like German).