After a couple of more days playing around in Domino Designer my XPagification of my Bildr project is showing off results which I will share here.
For those who have assisted me with code or hints I salute, ofcourse.
Some screenshots so far:
Image: Startpage. 77%ready (missing calendar picker + login/logout routine)
Image: Notes view.
Image: Picture document
Image: lightbox on XPage.
Work to do:
- Calendar picker for startpage
- Link tag cloud to Notes view
- Search function
- Commenting on documents
- Login/Logout in header
- … probably lots more …
Conclusions so far:
- XPages offers more options for configuring the behaviour of the application.
- Some ‘basic’ features like restrictocategory demands some more time as usual.
- Disabling the rendering of XPage tags is a pain in the ass.
- The mandatory closing of elements within XPages is a bigger pain in the ass (read: demands additional design elements to create)
- Developing new functionality is probably much more fun than re-building the same functionality but then in XPages
- Readers here are very kind with help =)