Bildr project – The progress so far

I want to thank everyone for helping me so far with re-writing the web-interface for my Bildr project on OpenNTF in Xpages.

So far I am nearly done with rewriting the initial start-page. Actually I have been adding some additional functionality which is with pre-xpage domino development more difficult to achieve.

Nevertheless, the main eye-catcher on the startpage is the slider which enables you to navigate through some picture previews with your mouse-wheel.

The technique is straight forward. Just feed the ImageFlow some html and it will transform the data for you.

I used to use computed text for this:

@Implode(@DbColumn(“”:””;””:””;”$v-piximageflow”;1))

But when I use a computed field in XPages I see that I get some extra html with it which breaks the functionality:

<span id=”view:_id1:_id22:_id66:_id67:computedField1″>

I tried other approaches (a data table or a dynamic data table via a repeat control) but they all provide me unnessecary HTML formatting.

  • Do you have a clue how I can resolve this formatting?

Since this is my first ‘real’ transformation of a Domino application with XPages your help is highly appreciated. Remember: Never as good as the first time 😉

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Bildr project – The progress so far

  1. Nathan T. Freeman 2010-March-5 / 4:00 am

    If you’re using 8.5.1, just don’t put an id property on the computed field, and Xpages won’t auto-generate a unique id value in the markup.

    • Patrick Kwinten 2010-March-5 / 12:59 pm

      thanks for the tips dudes! things are working now as expected…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s